He’s a rapper, a singer, a producer, a composer, a fashion and furniture designer, and an International Best-Dressed List member—so it’s no wonder Pharrell Williams needs a break. To unwind, he heads to the Dominican Republic. Below, his steps for full relaxation.
Q&A by Anthony Rotunno and Dana Mathews
To get away from it all, I go to
– La Romana, Dominican Republic.
My ideal travel companions are
– my family.
To stay in shape, my on-the-go fitness regime is
– playing Mario Kart on the Wii. I burn a lot of calories doing that.
When I’m in the mood for room service, my favorite order is
– a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich.
My favorite Dominican dish to indulge in is
– anything with crab.
My suitcase must absolutely contain
– my Goyard toiletries bag.
When it comes to luggage, I am an
My favorite place to stay is
– Casa de Campo. It’s beautiful there.
My favorite best-kept secret about the Dominican Republic is
– I love the tropical sunsets.
Upon arrival, I most look forward to
– watching SpongeBob SquarePants. It’s on in every country!
Upon departing, I am most happy to leave behind
– old energy.